Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mi ultimo and primero día en uno.

28 febrero

Hi everyone,

Today is the day that Tyler gets here!  It is also my last day of classes, last day of working in the clinic, and my last day with my host family.  As you can imagine, I'm having a lot of conflicting emotions...I want to stay and study more, I'm finally hitting my stride in the clinic, I am going to miss my host family, but of course I'm so excited to see Tyler and have a few days of a more independent and unscheduled lifestyle.

Yesterday was a very routine and busy day in clinic - 25 patients, mostly from a single bar, came.  I actually had to leave before the last ones to get back for lunch.  Today I'm going in a little later and will stay later to help Javier with his February report, which we can't complete until all the patient's for today have been seen. The reports track a few outcomes for the populations of interest: all females, all men, all trans, and the HIV-positive populations in each group.  We are calculating the monthly prevalence of HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomonas, condom use with partners, condom use with clients, and a couple other things I can't remember.

The rest of the day will be busy too.  I have class from 2-6, then am going to meet Tyler at the bus station, come back to town to hopefully introduce him to my host family and then go out to dinner!  Tomorrow we are planning to have a Xela day, full of avocados, the cemetary, and introducing him to all my favorite things and people here.

Will try to write more later but in the meantime, be well!

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment